UKRO's mission is to promote effective UK engagement in EU research, innovation and higher education activities, by:
· Enabling the UK research community to make informed decisions about participation in EU programmes and to maximise the opportunities available to them;
· Supporting UK input into European research policy development and implementation through informing and interfacing with the appropriate bodies; and
· Developing and maintaining a selection of quality services that meet the evolving needs of sponsors and subscribers.
· UKRO Portal: always up to date with the latest in EU funding and policy: The UKRO portal provides tailored news articles which communicate the latest EU funding and policy developments, as well as clear and accessible web pages on the different strands of EU research, innovation and higher education activities.
· Enquiry service: individual support and advice, all year round: All subscribers have a named contact at UKRO, who provides guidance, information, and advice on EU policies, programmes and funding opportunities.
· Annual visit: a tailored event for your institution: Each UK-based subscriber is entitled to an annual visit from their UKRO European Advisor, who will provide expert training, information, and/or one-to-one sessions tailored to the requirements of the institution.
· Meeting room in Brussels: a venue in Brussels: UKRO's meeting room is located within easy walking distance of most European Commission buildings, the European Parliament and the Council of Minister. It is regularly used by staff from subscribing institutions, for example for European project meetings. Subscribers can also use a small visitor's office.
· Specialist training courses, focus groups and information events, providing in-depth insight into EU programmes;*
· Annual conference for European officers, with the latest information on programmes and policies presented by European Commission staff, and other speakers;*
· UK National Contact Points for the Marie Curie Actions and the European Research Council (ERC), each providing a dedicated helpdesk, website and specialised information and training events*
* These services are also available to non-subscribers.
Rue du Trône 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: 00 32 2 230 0318